Infusse Light was located in the northern part of the country between Angoche and Moçambique. Built in 1926, the tower was constructed from reinforced concrete beams. It appears to have been the first light of this type of Mozambique, but there are now several others. The tower, 22 meters (72 ft) tall, was replaced in 1937 by a light of somewhat similar design at Ponta Namalungo, about 20 km (13 mi) to the southwest.
photo from Silva Pais pamphlet
Posted June 2005. Images in this section are believed to be in the public domain. The Lighthouse Directory site is copyright 2005 Russ Rowlett and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Return to Silva Pais pamphlet text | Return to Mozambique directory page | Return to The Lighthouse Directory home page