This interesting skeletal light tower was built in 1923 on Mafamede Island in the entrance to the harbor of Angoche. It has been replaced by a 25 meter (82 ft) hexagonal concrete tower.
Posted June 2005. Images in this section are believed to be in the public domain. The Lighthouse Directory site is copyright 2012 Russ Rowlett and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Return to Silva Pais pamphlet text | Return to Mozambique directory page | Return to The Lighthouse Directory home page