This 26 meter (85 ft) concrete lighthouse was completed in 1923 at the entrance to the bay of Angoche. Standing on a headland, it has a focal plane of 93 meters (305 ft). The tower remains in service today.
photo from Silva Pais pamphlet
Posted June 2005. Images in this section are believed to be in the public domain. The Lighthouse Directory site is copyright 2005 Russ Rowlett and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Return to Silva Pais pamphlet text | Return to Mozambique directory page | Return to The Lighthouse Directory home page