Completed in 1910, the Ponta Zavora Light marks an important cape at the hinge between the central and southern coastlines of Mozambique. The 16 meter (53 ft) tower remains in service, but the lantern has been removed. The 1-story keeper's house still had a resident keeper as of October 2004.
photo from Silva Pais pamphlet
Posted June 2005. Images in this section are believed to be in the public domain. The Lighthouse Directory site is copyright 2005 Russ Rowlett and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Return to Silva Pais pamphlet text | Return to Mozambique directory page | Return to The Lighthouse Directory home page