Lighthouses of Russia: Southern Sakhalin

Sakhalin and the Kuril Islands together form an oblast (province) of the Russian Federation. Sakhalin, located just off Russia's east coast, is the country's largest island, stretching 950 km (almost 600 mi) from north to south and separating the Sea of Japan to the southwest from the Sea of Okhotsk to the northeast.

Both Japan and Russia became interested in annexing these territories during the mid 1800s. In 1875, a treaty assigned Sakhalin to Russia and the Kurils to Japan, and within a few years Russia began building lighthouses in Sakhalin. In 1905, at the end of the Russo-Japanese War, Russia was obliged to cede the southern half of Sakhalin to Japan, the border being fixed at 50° north latitude. Russia took control of all of the island in 1945, near the end of World War II. Japan renounced its former claims to Sakhalin in the 1951 Treaty of San Francisco.

This page describes lighthouses in the southern half of the island, the region administered by Japan from 1905 to 1945. Curly braces {} enclose the former Japanese names of some of the lighthouses. The island itself is known as Karafuto in Japanese.

The Russian word for a lighthouse is mayak (маяк); mys is a cape, ostrov is an island, and buhkta or zaliv is a bay. Russian lighthouses are maintained and operated by the Russian Navy, although some of them have civilian keepers.

Special thanks to Sijas ten Wolde, Alexander Barkov, and Alexey Bambizo for the use of their photos on this page.

ARLHS numbers are from the ARLHS World List of Lights. Admiralty numbers are from volume M of the Admiralty List of Lights & Fog Signals. U.S. NGA List numbers are from Publication 112.

General Sources
Sakhalin Lighthouses
Overview (in Russian) and selected photos by Igor Samarin of the Sakhalin Regional Museum in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk.
World of Lighthouses - Russia Far East
Photos available from Lightphotos.net.
Russische Leuchttürme auf historischen Postkarten
Postcard views of historic Russian lighthouses posted by Klaus Huelse.

Aniva Light
Aniva Light, La Pérouse Strait, May 2008
Flickr photo copyright Kiellman; used by permission

East Coast (Sea of Okhotsk) Lighthouses

Poronaysk District (Terpeniya Gulf) Lighthouses
Note: Cape Terpeniya (Cape Patience) is at the end of a 65 km (40 mi) long, finger-like peninsula projecting southeastward from the central east coast of Sakhalin; it is a crucial landmark for navigation in the Sea of Okhotsk. The Terpeniya Gulf (Gulf of Patience) is a broad embayment sheltered by the peninsula. The gulf was named by Dutch explorers who were becalmed in heavy fog when they discovered it in 1643.
Mys Bellingsgauzena
1983. Active; focal plane 42 m (138 ft); white flash every 6 s. 12 m (39 ft) square cylindrical skeletal tower, covered by a vertically slatted white daymark. Andrey Li has a view from the sea, a very distant view is available, and Bing has a satellite view of the station. Located on a cape about 50 km (30 mi) north of Mys Terpeniya. Site status unknown. Admiralty M7885; NGA 0192.
Terpeniya (Mys Terpeniya, Cape Patience) {Kitashiretoko Misaki}
1953. Active; focal plane 71 m (233 ft); white light, 3 s on, 4.5 s off. 41 m (135 ft) round cylindrical concrete tower with gallery, mounted on an octagonal pyramidal concrete base. Lantern removed. Tower painted with black and white horizontal bands; base is white. 1-story keeper's house, abandoned. A photo and a second photo are available, Samarin has a historic photo, and Bing has a satellite view of the station. Located at the tip of the peninsula. Accessible only by boat. Site status unknown. ARLHS ASR-068; Admiralty M7884; NGA 0196.
* Poronaysk (Poronaisk)
1965. Active; focal plane 33 m (108 ft); two white flashes every 15 s. 32 m (105 ft) octagonal concrete tower with lantern and gallery, painted with black and white horizontal bands. A photo is at right, Dmitry Afanasenko has a closeup photo, Lightphotos.net has a photo by Andrey Senyushkin, another good photo is available, there's a 2009 distant view, and Google has a satellite view of the station. Located on the west side of the mouth of the Poronay River in Poronaysk, a fishing port on the Terpeniya Gulf. Site probably open, tower closed. ARLHS ASR-057; Admiralty M7875; NGA 0180.
Goryanka (Mys Goryanskiy)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 121 m (397 ft); white flash every 3 s. 17 m (56 ft) octagonal cylindrical white concrete tower. A closeup photo and a second photo are available, and Bing has a satellite view. Located on a promontory about 40 km (25 mi) south of Poronaysk. The lighthouse is accessble by 4WD. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS ASR-028; Admiralty M7870; NGA 0174.
Poronaysk Light
Poronaysk Light, Poronaysk, June 2012
Panoramio Creative Commons photo by vniz-i-nalevo

Dolinsk District Lighthouse
Starodubskoe Basin Entrance Rear
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 16 m (52 ft); continuous red light. A white triangular daymark and a black vertical stripe on a waterfront building. No photo available; Google's satellite view shows the building. Located at Starodubskoe, a small protected harbor about 80 km (50 mi) north of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty M7860.1.

Korsakov District East Coast Lighthouses
Zaliv Mordvinova
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 15 m (49 ft); white light, 3 s on, 3 s off. 9 m (30 ft) post mounted atop a 2-story building. No photo available, and the location of the light is not clear in Google's satellite view of the area. Mordvinova Bay is a bight partly sheltered behind Cape Svobodnyy. Located about 5 km (3 mi) southeast of Okhotskoye. Site status unknown. Admiralty M7847; NGA 172.5.
Tonin (Mys Svobodnyy) {Airō Misaki}
1932. Active; focal plane 43 m (141 ft); white flash every 10 s. 23 m (75 ft) round concrete tower, painted with black and white horizontal bands. A clamshell-style Fresnel lens is in use. Fog signal building with a classic diaphone horn. Alexey Bambizo's photo is at right, a fine closeup and a 2009 photo are available, Andrey Suchkov has a nice view, and Bing has a distant satellite view of the station. The lighthouse is reported to be in poor condition. Located on a promontory about 80 km (50 mi) east of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, the capital of Sakhalin Oblast. Site status unknown. Admiralty M7848; NGA 0172.
Mys Levenorna
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 60 m (197 ft); white flash every 6 s. 10 m (33 ft) round metal tower, painted white. No photo available, and the tower is not seen in Bing's satellite view. Located on a promontory about 55 km (35 mi) south southeast of the Tonin lighthouse. Site status unknown. Admiralty M7846; NGA 0170.
Mys Svobodniy Light
Tonin Light, Mys Svybodnyy
photo copyright Alexey Bambizo; used by permission

South Coast (Aniva Gulf and La Pérouse Strait) Lighthouses

Note: La Pérouse Strait separates Sakhalin from the Japanese island of Hokkaidō. Named for the French explorer who charted it in 1787, the strait is called Proliv Laperuza in Russian and Sōya Kaikyō in Japanese. The narrowest passage of the strait is 43 km (27 mi) wide from Mys Kri'lon in Sakhalin to Sōya Misaki in Hokkaidō.
Korsakov District South Coast Lighthouses
Aniva (Mys Aniva) {Naka Shiretoko Saki}
1939 (Japanese). Active; focal plane 40 m (131 ft); two white flashes every 24 s. 31 m (102 ft) round concrete tower with lantern and gallery, painted with black and white horizontal bands. A photo appears above, Konstantin Kiktev has a 2007 photo, Lightphotos.net has a photo, Russian-language Wikipedia has a page for the lighthouse, a closeup and a view from above are available, and Dmitry Serbin has a photo, but Google has only a very fuzzy satellite view of the cape. This light marks the very sharp cape at the southeastern corner of Sakhalin, on the north side of the eastern entrance to La Pérouse Strait. Designed by the engineer Shinobu Miura, the lighthouse incorporates 7 floors of crew quarters; its construction at this isolated and dangerous spot was a significant accomplishment of Japanese engineering. Today the lighthouse is battered by the weather and much in need of restoration, but restoration has been complicated by remains of a nuclear power unit installed by the Soviets. Apparently this unit has now been removed. Located on a small islet just off the point of the cape. Accessible only by boat in very dangerous seas. Site and tower closed. ARLHS ASR-012; Admiralty M7842; NGA 0168.
* Novikovo
1959. Active(?); focal plane 69 m (226 ft); one long white flash every 5 s. 7 m (23 ft) octagonal cylindrical white concrete tower with gallery. Although this light is listed as active, a 2009 photo shows no lens or solar panels. A closeup and another photo are available, but Google has only a very distant satellite view of the area. Located on heights southeast of Novikovo, on Aniva Gulf about 50 km (30 mi) southeast of Korsakov. Site open, tower closed. ex-Admiralty M7840; NGA 0165.
Korsakov (Mys Tomari-Aniva) {Ōdomari} (3?)
1956 (station established 1906). Active; focal plane 112 m (367 ft); two white flashes every 10 s. 15 m (49 ft) octagonal concrete tower, painted with black and white horizontal bands. A clamshell Fresnel lens is in use. Sijas ten Wolde has contributed the photo at right, Wikimapia has several photos, a closeup and a 2009 view are available, and Google has a street view and a satellite view. The original light was on a "white staff." Korsakov is a port at the northern end of the Aniva Gulf, which is enclosed by the two capes of Aniva and Kril'on. Located on a promontory about 3 km (2 mi) south of the city. Accessible by road. Site status unknown. ARLHS ASR-033; Admiralty M7830; NGA 0164.
Korsakov {Ōdomari} South Pier
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 10 m (33 ft); green light, 3 s on, 3 s off. 6 m (20 ft) square cylindrical concrete tower, painted white. Google has a satellite view. Michel Forand has a historic postcard view showing that this light survives from the Japanese administration. Located at the end of the south pier, one of two major piers at Korsakov. Site status unknown. Admiralty M7831; NGA 0162.5.
* [Korsakov Harbor (2?)]
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 74 m (243 ft); continuous green light. Approx. 6 m (13 ft) round cylindrical tower with gallery, painted white; gallery rail is black. A closeup photo and a second photo are available, and in a photo of the port the tower can be spotted on the crest of the bluff (click on the photo for enlargement). Bing has a distant satellite view. The Admiralty describes an earlier light, an octagonal 4 m (13 ft) tower. A photo and a second closeup of that light are available, but apparently it has been demolished. Located on a hill above the harbor of Korsakov. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty M7832; NGA 0162.7.
Korsakov Light
Korsakov Light, Korsakov
photo copyright Sijas ten Wolde; used by permission

Aniva District Lighthouses
Kirillovo
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 48 m (157 ft); one long white flash every 5 s. 7 m (23 ft) octagonal stone tower, painted white. No photo available, but Bing has a distant satellite view. Located near Kirillovo on the west coast of Aniva Gulf about 65 km (40 mi) northeast of Mys Kril'on. Site status unknown. Admiralty M7810; NGA 0162.3.
Mys Anastasii (2?)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 49 m (161 ft); one long white flash every 6 s. 11 m (36 ft) octagonal concrete tower, painted white with a red horizontal band. Kayakers have posted a view from the sea, and Google has a satellite view. NGA lists an 11 m (36 ft) pyramidal wood tower, presumably the original lighthouse. Located on a promontory near Atlasova, about 16 km (10 mi) northeast of Mys Kril'on. Site status unknown. Admiralty M7806; NGA 0002.
Kamen' Opasnosti {Nijō Iwa} (Rock of Danger)
1913 (Japanese). Active; focal plane 19 m (62 ft); white flash every 7.5 s. 18 m (59 ft) round concrete tower with lantern and gallery, originally painted white but very little paint remains. A 2009 photo and a second photo are available. This light marks an exceptionally dangerous rock in the middle of La Pérouse Strait, between Sakhalin and the Japanese island of Hokkaidō. The lighthouse was built by the Japanese authorities after efforts to mark the rock with buoys were defeated by the strong currents in the area. Located in La Pérouse Strait about 15 km (9 mi) southeast of Mys (Cape) Kril'on, the southernmost tip of Sakhalin. Accessible only by boat in very dangerous seas. Site and tower closed. ARLHS ASR-029; Admiralty M7804; NGA 0004.
Kril'on (Krilion, Mys Kril'on, Cape Crillon) (2) {Notoro Misaki}
1896 (station established 1883). Active; focal plane 48 m (157 ft); flash every 10 s, alternately red and white. 15 m (49 ft) octagonal red brick tower with lantern and gallery, rising from the front of a 1-story brick keeper's house. Fog horn (one short and one long blast every 20 s). A photo is at right, Mikhail Rodin has a great photo, Lightphotos.net has a foggy photo by Yuri Metelsky, is available, Russian-language Wikipedia has a page for the lighthouse, another page has several photos, and Samarin has a historic photo, but Google has only a distant satellite view of the cape. The original lighthouse was an insubstantial wood tower that did not stand up to harsh conditions. Located at the point of Mys (Cape) Kril'on, the southernmost tip of Sakhalin and the north side of La Pérouse Strait. Site status unknown. ARLHS ASR-036; Admiralty M7802; NGA 0008.
Mys Kri'lon Light
Mys Kri'lon Light, La Pérouse Strait
Sakh.com photo provided by Sakhalin.info

Southwest Coast (Sea of Japan) Lighthouses

Nevelsk District Lighthouses
Kuznetsova (Mys Kuznetsova) {Sono Misaki}
1914 (Japanese) (altered or rebuilt in 1938). Apparently reactivated in 2012; focal plane 79 m (259 ft); white flash every 8 s. 8 m (26 ft) square cylindrical concrete tower with lantern and gallery, attached to a 1-story keeper's house. Lighthouse painted white with one black horizontal band. The station appears to be in very poor condition in a 2010 photo, and photos taken in 2011 show no lamp in the tower. Bing has a satellite view of the station. Despite the reactivation, the lighthouse remains in a very dilapidated condition. Located on the cape, west of the town of Kril'on, about 20 km (13 mi) northwest of Mys Kril'on. Site status unknown. ARLHS ASR-041; Admiralty M7800; NGA 0012.
Moneron (Ostrov Moneron, Mys Observatsiy) {Kaiba Shima, Todomoshiri} (2)
1965 (station established 1914). Active; focal plane 114 m (374 ft); two white flashes every 15 s. 10 m (33 ft) octagonal cylindrical concrete tower with lantern and gallery, accompanied by a crew quarters building. Tower painted black with one white horizontal band. Alexey Bambizo's photo is at right, and Google has a satellite view of the station. Moneron is an island in the entrance to the Tartar Gulf, about 60 km (37.5 mi) west northwest of the town of Kril'on. The island has no permanent population. It is protected as a national park, and ecotours are available for adventurous tourists. Located on a very sharp promontory on the east side of Moneron. Site status unknown. ARLHS ASR-047; Admiralty M7794; NGA 0016.
* Lopatino (Lopatina, Mys Lopatina) {Kenushi Misaki}
1919 (Japanese). Active; focal plane 67 m (220 ft); two white flashes every 10 s. 17 m (56 ft) octagonal concrete tower with lantern and gallery, attached to a crew quarters building. Lighthouse painted with black and white horizontal bands. A 2012 photo, another photo, and a distant view are available, a 2010 photo shows the lighthouse freshly repainted, Samarin has a historic photo, and Google has a satellite view of the station. Located just off the coastal highway, on a promontory about 12 km (7.5 mi) south of Nevelsk. Site presumably open, tower closed. ARLHS ASR-042; Admiralty M7788; NGA 0036.
Moneron Light
Ostrov Moneron Light, Tartar Gulf
photo copyright Alexey Bambizo; used by permission
Nevel'sk Breakwater
Date unknown. Inactive since 2002. 10 m (33 ft) square skeletal tower. The light appears abandoned in a 2010 photo. Google has a distant satellite view of the pier. Nevelsk is a historic fishing port founded by Russian settlers in 1789. It was damaged by an earthquake in 2007, and its population of 11,000 is only half its Soviet-era population. Located at the end of the main (north) breakwater of Nevelsk. Accessible only by boat. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty M7776; NGA 0040.

Kholmsk District Lighthouses
Note: Kholmsk is the terminal for a rail ferry crossing the upper end of the Sea of Japan from Vanino in Khabarovsk. The town has a population of about 30,000.
* Kholmsk
1958. Active; focal plane 67 m (220 ft); three white flashes every 14.1 s. 28 m (92 ft) round concrete tower with lantern and gallery, painted with black and white horizontal bands. A 1913 Barbier, Benard & Turenne Fresnel lens is in use (source unknown). Sijas ten Wolde's photo is at right, another page for the lighthouse is available, Snejanna Baggerovski has a photo, a 2008 closeup is available, MarineTraffic.com has a photo, and Google has a street view and a satellite view. Located in an industrial area on a promontory on the south side of the harbor of Kholmsk. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS ASR-032; Admiralty M7746; NGA 0056.
Kholmsk Entrance Range Front
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 63 m (207 ft); continuous red light. 5 m (17 ft) octagonal concrete tower mounted atop a 5-story apartment building. The tower can be spotted near the right edge of Svetlana Shapiro's photo of the town (click on the photo for enlargement), and Google has a street view and a satellite view. Located 154 m (500 ft) northwest of the rear light. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty M7752; NGA 0060.
Kholmsk Entrance Range Rear
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 90 m (295 ft); continuous red light. 10 m (33 ft) octagonal stone tower, painted white with a black vertical stripe on the range line. A closeup photo and a second closeup are available, Wikimapia has a view from the rear, the tower can be spotted near the right edge of Svetlana Shapiro's photo of the town (click on the photo for enlargement), and Google has a street view and a satellite view. Located about 1.5 km (1 mi) north of the Kholmsk lighthouse. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty M7752.1; NGA 0064.
* Kholmsk North Breakwater
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 15 m (49 ft); red flash every 3 s. 12 m (39 ft) round 2-stage concrete tower, the lower stage cylindrical and the upper stage tapered to a narrow top, mounted on a square stone pier. Entire lighthouse painted red. Lightphotos.net has a photo, MarineTraffic.com has a good photo, Oleg Kvatch has a photo, Selena Tatiana has another photo, and Google has a satellite view and a distant street view. Located at the end of the north breakwater of Kholmsk. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty M7748; NGA 0076.
Kholmsk Light
Kholmsk Light, Kholmsk
photo copyright Sijas ten Wolde; used by permission
* Slepikovskogo (Slepikovskiy, Mys Slepikovskogo) {Konotoro Misaki}
1934 (Japanese). Active; focal plane 30 m (98 ft); one long (1.5 s) white flash every 10 s. 28 m (92 ft) round cylindrical concrete tower with lantern and gallery, painted red. Fedik Oleg Bogdanovich has a 2013 photo, another good photo is available, Alexandr Kashubin has a distant view, a view from the sea is available, Samarin has a historic photo, and Google has a good satellite view. This tower is a sibling of the Lamanon lighthouse (next entry). Located on a promontory about 35 km (22 mi) north of Kholmsk. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS ASR-065; Admiralty M7738; NGA 0100.

Central West Coast (Tartar Strait) Lighthouses

Note: Sakhalin is separated from the mainland on the south by the Tartar Gulf, an arm of the Sea of Japan, and on the north by Sakhalin Bay, an arm of the Sea of Okhotsk. Sakhalin Bay and Tartar Gulf are joined at Lazarev by a narrow passage called the Nevel'skogo (Nevelskoy) Strait. These waterways are known collectively as the Tartar Strait.
Uglegorsk District Lighthouses
Note: Uglegorsk is a fishing port founded by the Japanese as Esutoru in 1905. It has a population of about 10,000.
* Lamanon (Mys Lamanon) {Chirai Misaki}
1940 (Japanese). Active; focal plane 71 m (233 ft); white flash every 20 s. 26 m (85 ft) round cylindrical concrete tower with lantern and gallery, painted with black and white horizontal bands. A photo is at right, another good photo is available, Sergey Kotelnikov has a fine closeup, Alexey Bambizo's distant view is at right, Alexander Semenov also has a distant view, and Bing has a good satellite view of the station. This lighthouse marks a very prominent cape on the west coast of Sakhalin, directly opposite the port of Sovetskaya Gavan' on the mainland. Located on a promontory about 40 km (25 mi) southwest of Uglegorsk. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS ASR-023; Admiralty M7716; NGA 0104.
Uglegorsk Range Front
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 48 m (157 ft); red light, 3 s on, 3 s off. 11 m (36 ft) octagonal stone tower, painted white with a black vertical stripe on the range line. No closeup photo available, but Google has a street view and a satellite view. Located on a hillside about 600 m (0.4 mi) south southeast of the harbor of Uglegorsk. Accessible by road. Site status unknown, but perhaps open. ARLHS ASR-058; Admiralty M7713; NGA 0108.
Uglegorsk Range Rear
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 68 m (223 ft); continuous red light. 17 m (56 ft) octagonal stone tower, painted white with a black vertical stripe on the range line. No photo available, but Google has a satellite view. Located on a hillside 256 m (840 ft) south southeast of the front light. Accessible by road. Site status unknown, but perhaps open. ARLHS ASR-059; Admiralty M7713.1; NGA 0112.

Mys Lamanon Light, Uglegorsk
public domain photo by Sakhalin Tourizm
Uglegorsk {Esutoru}
Date unknown (station established 1908). Active; focal plane 49 m (161 ft); white light, 3 s on, 3 s off. 14 m (46 ft) white octagonal tower with lantern and gallery, attached to a white building. A closeup photo and a sunset photo (near the bottom of the page) are available, the tower is seen in a photo by Alexander Semenov (click on the photo for enlargement), and Google has a street view and a satellite view. Located atop a steep bluff at Uglegorsk. Accessible by road. Site status unknown, but perhaps open. ARLHS ASR-136; Admiralty M7711.5; NGA 0132.
Gavrilova (Mys Gavrilova)
1975. Active; focal plane 72 m (236 ft); red light occulting once every 6 s. 10 m (33 ft) octagonal stone tower with lantern and gallery, painted white with one red horizontal band. No photo available, but Google has a satellite view. Located on a promontory about 6 km (4 mi) north of Uglegorsk. ARLHS ASR-027; Admiralty M7711; NGA 0140.
Shakhtyorsk Range Front
1979 (station establishment date unknown). Active (?); focal plane 15 m (49 ft); red light, 1.5 s on, 1.5 s off. 16 m (52 ft) octagonal concrete tower, painted white with a black vertical stripe on the range line. Google has a good street view and a distant satellite view. The light appears to be abandoned. Shakhtersk is the site of a large Sakhalin Energy coal-fired power plant. Located about 10 km (6 mi) north of Uglegorsk. Site status unknown. Admiralty M7709.4; NGA 0148.
Shakhtyorsk Range Rear
Date unknown. Active (?); focal plane 26 m (85 ft); red light, 1.5 s on, 1.5 s off. 10 m (33 ft) square cylindrical skeletal tower carrying a daymark painted white with a black vertical stripe on the range line. Google has a distant street view and a satellite view. The NGA List describes a skeletal tower. Located 260 m (850 ft) east southeast of the front light. Site status unknown. Admiralty M7709.4; NGA 0148.
Nizmenny (Mys Nizmenny) (2)
1979 (station establishment date unknown). Active; focal plane 22 m (72 ft); white light, 1.5 s on, 1.5 s off. 8 m (26 ft) octagonal masonry tower, painted white. Viktor Kopylov has a distant view; in the photo caption he says that the original lighthouse "fell into the sea" in 1978. A closeup photo is also available, and Google has a street view and a satellite view. Note: there is another Mys Nizmenny lighthouse on the Russian mainland, on the west side of the Sea of Japan. Located on a promontory about 15 km (9 mi) north of Uglegorsk. Admiralty M7708; NGA 0160.
Boshnyakovo
1981. Active; focal plane unknown; one long red flash every 6 s. Approx. 15 m (49 ft) octagonal cylindrical concrete tower with gallery. Lighthouse painted white with red horizontal bands. A closeup photo, a 2010 photo and another photo are available, MarineTraffic.com has a photo, and Google has a street view and a satellite view. Located atop a steep bluff on the south side of the small seaport of Boshnyakovo. Site status unknown. Admiralty M7707; NGA 0161.

Information available on lost lighthouses:

Notable faux lighthouses:

Adjoining pages: North: Northern Sakhalin | South: Northern Hokkaidō | Southwest: Southern Khabarovsk | Northwest: Northern Khabarovsk

Return to the Lighthouse Directory index | Ratings key

Posted May 8, 2006. Checked and revised March 12, 2015. Lighthouses: 34. Site copyright 2015 Russ Rowlett and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.