- Department of Mathematics
- University of North Carolina
- Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3250
- Chapman 441
- Monday 1:10-3pm or by appointment
- (919) 962 1294 (department)
- (919) 962 2568
- sawon -at- email -dot- unc -dot- edu
Mini-school on Compactified Jacobians and applications, UNC, 1st May and 2nd May 2018
Workshop on Topics in algebraic geometry, UNC, 3rd November to 5th November 2017
Mini-school on Abelian and symplectic varieties, UNC, 17th April to 19th April 2017
Workshop on Symplectic varieties and geometric representation theory, UNC, 28th October to 30th October 2016
Workshop on New developments in moduli and Geometric Invariant Theory, UNC, 20th November to 22nd November 2015
Workshop on Moduli spaces, derived geometry, and geometric representation
theory, UNC, 31st October to 2nd November 2014
Publications (click on titles for abstracts and to download):
- "Moduli spaces of sheaves on K3 surfaces", preprint arXiv:1603.00785.
- "A bound on the second Betti number of hyperkähler manifolds of complex dimension six", preprint arXiv:1511.09105.
- "Isotrivial elliptic K3
surfaces and Lagrangian fibrations", preprint arXiv:1406.1233.
- with Kelly McKinnie, Sho Tanimoto, and Anthony Várilly-Alvarado,
"Brauer groups on K3 surfaces and arithmetic applications", preprint arXiv:1404.5460.
- with Rebecca Glover, "Generalized twistor spaces for
hyperkähler manifolds", Journal of the London Mathematical
Society (2) 91 (2015), no. 2, 321-342.
- "A finiteness theorem for Lagrangian
fibrations", Journal of Algebraic Geometry, to appear.
- "Fourier-Mukai transforms, mirror symmetry, and generalized K3 surfaces", preprint arXiv:1209.3202.
- "On Lagrangian fibrations by
Jacobians II", Communications in Contemporary Mathematics 17, 1450046 (2015).
- "Fibrations on four-folds with
trivial canonical bundles", Geometriae Dedicata 171 (2014), 93-117.
- "On Lagrangian fibrations by
Jacobians I", Journal für die reine und angewandte Mathematik (2013), DOI: 10.1515/crelle-2013-0023.
- "Foliations on hypersurfaces in
holomorphic symplectic manifolds", International Mathematics
Research Notices (2009), no. 23, 4496-4545.
- "Deformations of holomorphic Lagrangian
fibrations", Proceedings of the AMS 137
(2009), no. 1, 279-285.
- "Twisted Fourier-Mukai transforms for
holomorphic symplectic four-folds", Advances in Mathematics 218
(2008), no. 3, 828-864.
- "On the discriminant locus of
a Lagrangian fibration", Mathematische Annalen 341 (2008), no. 1,
- "Lagrangian fibrations on Hilbert
schemes of points on K3 surfaces", Journal of Algebraic Geometry
16 (2007), no. 3, 477-497.
- "Perturbative expansion of
Chern-Simons theory", Geometry and Topology Monographs,
Vol. 8 (2006), The interaction of finite-type and Gromov-Witten
invariants (Banff 2003), 145-166.
- "Derived equivalence of holomorphic
symplectic manifolds", in Algebraic Structures and Moduli Spaces:
CRM Workshop, Montreal 14-20 July 2003, CRM Proceedings & Lecture Notes
Series, Volume 38 (2004), 193-211.
- "Abelian fibred holomorphic
symplectic manifolds", Turkish Journal of Mathematics 27 (2003),
No. 1, 197-230. (Proceedings of the Ninth Gokova Geometry-Topology
Conference, Turkey, 27th to 31st May 2002.)
- with Justin Roberts, "Generalizations of
Rozansky-Witten invariants", Geometry and Topology Monographs,
Vol. 4 (2002), Invariants of knots and 3-manifolds (Kyoto 2001),
- with Michael Eastwood, "The
Borel-Weil theorem for complex projective space", in Invitations
to Geometry and Topology, Oxford Graduate Texts in Mathematics, OUP
- "Topological quantum field theory
and hyperkähler geometry", Turkish Journal of Mathematics 25
(2001), No. 1, 169-194. (Proceedings of the Seventh Gokova
Geometry-Topology Conference, Turkey, 29th May to 3rd June 2000.)
- "A new weight system on
chord diagrams via hyperkähler geometry", Proceedings of the
Second Meeting on Quaternionic Structures in Mathematics and Physics,
Rome 6-10 September 1999, World Scientific (2001), 349-363.
- with Nigel Hitchin, "Curvature and characteristic numbers of
hyperkähler manifolds", Duke Mathematical Journal 106 (2001),
no. 3, 599-615.
- "When is a Lie algebra not
a Lie algebra?", Proceedings of the IXth Oporto Meeting on
Geometry, Topology and Physics, September 29th to October 2nd,
- "The Rozansky-Witten
invariants of hyperkähler manifolds", Proceedings of the 7th
International Conference on Differential Geometry and
Applications, Satellite Conference of ICM in Berlin, Aug. 10-14, 1998,
Brno, Czech Republic (1999), 429-436.
- "Homomorphisms of semiholonomic
Verma modules: an exceptional case", Acta Mathematica
Universitatis Comenianae 68 (1999), no. 2, 257-269.
- notes of lectures by Nigel Hitchin, "Riemann surfaces and
integrable systems", in Integrable Systems: Twistors, Loop Groups, and
Riemann Surfaces, Oxford Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Clarendon
To the University of North Carolina Mathematics Department front page.
To Sawon Enterprise Company.