OASIS Client Services and Networking Division
Jason Li <firstname.lastname@example.org> currently supervises OASIS's Client Support Services. The main responsibilities of this office are:
- Search, test, and recommend to the College better ways of providing technical services (e.g. OS SPs, Hotfixes, server deployed applications).
- Maintain and manage the College network system. This system includes about 15 servers with the following functions: files, printing, Web, virus, Citrix, VPN, dial-up.
- Provide computer solutions for the end user, to include network services, storage, software and hardware consultation.
- Coordinate UNC computing resources, thereby providing a single point of contact for the end user.
- Provide on-site visitation to the user's office to provide personal services for computer related problems:
- Establishment of email accounts (ONYEN). Setup and configuring of email clients (Netscape, Outlook, Mulberry, Pine, Webmail). Instruction in email usage, such as address books and shared folders.
- Setup and configuration of computers to access network resources. This includes troubleshooting users' domain accounts and server access issues.
- Installation and technical support for popular applications.
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and repair of: storage devices, scanners, CD-ROM, network cards, as well as network or local printers.
- Configuration and maintenance of departmental and discipline-specific labs.
- Support and consultation of Apple/Macintosh products for individual users, departments, and computer laboratory needs.
- Configuration, troubleshooting, and repair of Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 95, DOS and MacOS operating systems. This includes file corruption and system errors.
- Upgrade of existing computer systems (hardware, firmware, OS, applications).
- Configuration and Troubleshooting of PDA devices: (Palm, Handspring, Blackberry).
- Telephone support to a faculty member's home computer and modem (if it is UNC property).
Created on 2003-10-31
Updated on 2003-11-10
Office of Arts and Sciences Information Services, 12 Howell Hall
CB #3056, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
Main Line (919) 962-8245, Fax (919) 843-7022
Copyright 2004, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
This site is powered by phpWebSite (c) The Web Technology Group, Appalachian State University. Licensed under the GNU LGPL