J. Schoenbach, Ph.D.
Associate Professor Emeritus (as of July 1, 2018)
Department of Epidemiology [link]
UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health [link]
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- The 24th National Health Equity Research Webcast, From Awareness to Action: Leveraging Resiliency in the Context of Toxic Stress and Adverse Childhood Experiences, will take place on Friday, September 28, 2018, from 1:30 p.m.–4:00 p.m. ET (more information at the NHERW webpage)
- UNC is discontinuing its AFS server, so most of my UNC websites will soon be re-built/relocated. You'll be able to find them via my LinkedIn page and www.epidemiolog.net
http://go.unc.edu/epid: Epidemiology for Enlightenment!
plus the new web publication The UNC Department of Epidemiology: Our First 40 Years, 1936-1976
Course materials from EPID600 (formerly EPID160): Principles of epidemiology for public health (2001-2017)
EPID168 (now called EPID715): Fundamentals of epidemiology (1980-2000)
*Including Understanding the fundamentals of epidemiology an evolving text
*Incluso Comprendiendo los fundamentos de la epidemiología un texto en
desarrollo [direct link]
http://go.unc.edu/sjae: Social justice and equality - in search of John Cassel's epidemiology
(was EPID799C, taught with Bill Jenkins).
More epidemiology, for more enlightenment!
Includes links to interviews and presentations, and an extensive virtual public library of links to media and text resources [direct link]
Health Project archival website
Past presentations (handouts, recordings) [link]
including the Annual William T. Small, Jr. Keynote Lecture [link]
and the National Health Equity Research Webcast (formerly known as the Annual Summer Public Health Research Videoconference on Minority Health)
Note: this website underwent technical changes in 2017; some features have not yet been repaired.
The current websites, with incomplete archival material, are at:
Annual Minority Health Conference
National Health Equity Research Webcast
Minority Student Caucus
- Vic's presentations
- Vic's YouTube channel (interviews, recorded presentations, assorted videos)
- http://go.unc.edu/tm: TM and the David Lynch Foundation
- Vic scrapbook (interviews, Vic history)
McGavran-Greenberg, CB #7435
Department of Epidemiology
UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health
2104D McGavran-Greenberg, CB #7435
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7435
Frances R. Schoenbach, 1915-2003
rev. 10/12/2017, 5/2/2018, 6/30/2018