Learn competent laboratory, field, analytical thought, and management skills.
These skills include:
- An understanding of the principles of environmental processes that involve chemical, biological, physical, and engineered techniques.
- Disciplined and organized report writing.
- Advanced literary skills so that reports reflect accurately and clearly on process and can be understood without misunderstanding by others.
- Oral skills, particularly the ability to present reasoned thoughts in group discussions.
- Advance numerate skills and fluency with the use of computer software programs for data analysis and report preparation, and appropriate data interpretation.
- A strong grounding in statistical analysis to afford quality assurance and control to data acquisition, interpretation and analysis.
- Critical examination of current techniques for collecting surface water, groundwater, soil and atmospheric samples to characterize chemical, biological, and physical properties.
- Laboratory skills and techniques with relevant application to companion courses.