Hours and Location:
11:30-1:00pm; 1304 Hooker
First meeting: January 23rd, 2012.
Subsequent meetings: Feb 6, Feb 20, Mar 5, Mar 19, Apr 2, Apr 23.
1. To introduce students to the art of writing for peer-review
2. To understand the scientific publishing process
3. To critically review current papers for content, relevance, innovation, clarity
4. To use current literature to be up-to-date on the state-of-the-art in your field
5. To learn about resources available for effective and fast literature reviews
Course Credits: 1
Instructor: Howard Weinberg
Web Address: http://www.unc.edu/~weinberg/
Office Address: Room 146A Rosenau Hall
Office Hours: Whenever you knock and I am there
Faculty Assistant/Weblackey: Robin Whitley
Office Address: 148 Rosenau Hall