Dr. Xiaofeng Yang
Department of Mathematics
University of South Carolina
Phone: 803-777-3776 (Office)
Office: Leconte 423
- Scientific compuation, mathematical modeling of liquid crystalline polymers.
- numerical analysis, spectral methods and scientific computing with applications in fluid mechanics.
- Phase field method and its applications.
- 1994-1998, B.S., Department of Mathematics, University of Science and Technology of China
- 1998-2001, M.S., Department of Mathematics, University of Science and Technology of China
- 2001-2007, Ph.D., Purdue Univeristy, Computational Mathematics, 2007, thesis advisor: Professor Jie Shen.
- 2007-2009, Postdoc, UNC-CH, Postdoc sponsor: Professor M. Gregory Forest.
- 2009-present, Assistant professor, Department of Mathematics, University of South Carolina.
- DOD-ARO, 2009-2012
- South Carolina EPscor, 2011-2012.