In honor of Valentine’s day, I’ve created a list of 14 of the reasons why I love Carolina. These are just a few…
- The community
- The Carolina community starts my list for obvious reasons. Anyone who visits Carolina can feel the love that encompasses every building and every person here on campus.
- The environment
- Not only is Carolina one of the best universities, but it’s also located in one of the best cities. Whether you live on campus or off-campus, going to school in a city you love is super important! And it doesn’t get any better than Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- The rivalries
- This one needs no explanation. You already know.
- The challenge
- Going to Carolina is one of the most rewarding journeys, but it’s not always a walk in the park. Academically, Carolina continues to push and challenge every single student who is enrolled. These academic challenges help me become the best, and most educated, version of myself.
- The sounds
- You know exactly when you’re at when you hear that Bell Tower chime! There are so many sounds that make you feel at home. From the a capella groups to the people laughing on the quad, the sounds of Carolina are unbeatable.
- The resources
- Here at Carolina, you’re never unprepared. Carolina has so many resources that provide me with many opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom.
- The on-campus experience
- For the majority of students, living on campus was a huge part of kickstarting their college careers. Anyone who’s lived on campus knows exactly how it feels to really be indulged into the Carolina on-campus culture.
- The colors
- Ask anyone around here, we bleed Carolina blue. Through thick and thin.
- The landmarks
- Have you really visited Carolina if you haven’t taken a picture with the Old Well? (And the bell tower, and the seal, and Kenan Stadium, and the Dean Dome … OK you get the point).
- The visitors
- Carolina students, faculty and staff love sharing their home with others. Anyone who visits campus should recognize how much love is sent their way! It doesn’t matter if you’re visiting from another country or if you live five minutes away, once you’re on campus, you’re a Tar Heel.
- The pride
- I think it’s safe to say that every Tar Heel feels a sense of pride in being a Tar Heel.
- The small discoveries (about Carolina)
- It seems like every day I’m learning more about this campus that I call home. I’m always so excited to discover more of the culture and resources at Carolina.
- The small discoveries (about myself)
- Carolina has definitely helped me in my journey to self-discovery. I have learned so much about myself simply by becoming part of the Carolina community. I’ve learned that being a Tar Heel means much more than just being a student or a fan. Being a Tar Heel means being the best version of myself.
- The people
- It is safe to say that the people you meet at Carolina are some of the nicest people you will ever encounter. No matter who it is or what your relationship with them may be, anyone you connect with becomes a part of your Carolina family.
The list could go on and on about what I love about Carolina. Fourteen reasons aren’t near enough to encompass all of my favorite parts about my forever home, but 14 reasons is a good start.
Happy Valentine’s Day,
Xoxo Taylor Coffey