Through the Bloomberg-UNC-Berkeley Business Journalism Diversity Program, students will have the opportunity to join one of two week-long programs that will show how business journalists report on what’s most at stake in the economy, global stock and bond markets, government regulations and the job market.
One program will be at the UNC School of Media and Journalism from May 13-17, 2019, and one at the Graduate School of Journalism at UC Berkeley from June 3-7, 2019.
Program at the UNC School of Media and Journalism
Locations: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, and New York City
This program is an intensive, five-day workshop that will be based at the MJ-school in Chapel Hill and Bloomberg News in New York City. Students will come to Chapel Hill for three days of instruction in business journalism and then will travel to New York for two days, where they will visit the Bloomberg newsroom to see how reporters and editors put their journalism skills to work.
- Monday, May 13 | Participants travel to UNC-Chapel Hill, attend orientation and an opening dinner
- Tuesday, May 14 | Instruction at UNC-Chapel Hill
- Wednesday, May 15 | Instruction at UNC-Chapel Hill. Students fly to New York City in the evening
- Thursday, May 16 | Workshops and discussion at Bloomberg News and meet key representatives
- Friday, May 17 | Students continue the workshop at Bloomberg News and then finish with a closing lunch.
Program at the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism
Locations: Berkeley and San Francisco, California
An intensive, four-day workshop that will be based at the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism and Bloomberg News in San Francisco. Students will come to Berkeley for three days of intensive instruction in business journalism and then will visit the Bloomberg newsroom in San Francisco to see how reporters and editors put their journalism skills to work.
- Monday, June 3 | Program orientation and instruction at Berkeley
- Tuesday, June 4 | Instruction at Berkeley
- Wednesday, June 5 | Workshops and discussions at Bloomberg San Francisco offices
- Thursday, June 6 | Instruction at Berkeley
- Friday, June 7 | Instruction at Berkeley and closing