fbpx
University News

COVID-19 Update: Testing program, vaccines and fall planning

Chancellor Kevin M. Guskiewicz shares an update on COVID-19 testing on campus, vaccines and plans for the fall 2021 semester.

Press the play button to watch the video

Dear Carolina Community,

In my latest video message, I wanted to take a moment to both reflect on the past year and look toward the future.

This has been a difficult year, with too many people in our community and across the nation and world suffering tremendous losses. Thankfully, we are beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I encourage you to sign up for a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as it’s available to you. All of Group 4, which includes our faculty, staff, student employees, as well as students living in on-campus and Greek housing, will be eligible on April 7. For those in Group 3 who are eligible now, sign up at UNC Health or on the NC DHHS My Shot website.

Thank you to everyone who has been working so hard to follow the COVID-19 Community Standards throughout this past year. Your efforts have made an important difference in protecting our community, and we must continue to be vigilant.

Sincerely,

Kevin M. Guskiewicz
Chancellor