Main Software Panel
The system consists of three parts:
- Cuff System - A standard cuff identical to those used to measure blood pressure.
The final pressure exerted by the cuff, and the rates of inflation and deflation are adjustable by entering the desired values in their associated editable text boxes.
- Hand Held Dynamometer - the force of which can be read by the computer.
The force to be applied to the dynamometer is entered in the "Handle Force" "Target" text box and the actual force exerted by the subject is displayed in the "Actual" label.
- Trial Timing System - to control the duration of each trial / squeeze of the handle and the inter trial intervals (ITI).
Air System Control
Hand Held Dynamometer
Enter the following information in their respective text boxes:
- The desired cuff final pressure in the "Cuff Pressure" "Target" box.
- The cuff inflation rate in the "Cuff Pressure" "Inflate" box.
- The cuff deflation rate in the "Cuff Pressure" "Deflate" box.
- The "Timing" Trial Duration and the Inter Trial Interval (ITI)
- The desired "Handle Force" in its "Target" box.
- Inflate the cuff:
- Turn the Air System on
- Inflate the cuff
- Run the experiment:
| Main Panel Display
|| Subject Panel Display
- The test has not yet started, or
- Inter Trial Interval (ITI) / rest period.
- Squeeze the Hand Grip until the required force is attained.
- Squeezing the Hand Grip with the required force.
- Squeezing the Hand Grip with more force than required.
2012 October 15
Last updated 2012 October 15