fbpx
Around Campus

Campus update on Arts Everywhere, vaccines and fall planning

Chancellor Kevin M. Guskiewicz shares updates on campus news, including vaccines, fall planning and the hiring of Hubert Davis as the men's basketball coach.

Press the play button to watch the video

Dear Carolina Community,

In my latest video message, I wanted to share a brief update as we approach the end of the semester.

Today is Arts Everywhere Day, one of my favorite days on campus. Throughout today, you can watch a PlayMakers performance, listen to a First Fridays Concert and see the Morrison Art Studio Community Mural Reveal at 4:45 p.m.

The COVID-19 vaccine is now available to every adult in our state. Getting vaccinated is the most effective way to stop the virus and return to campus this fall, and I encourage everyone to make an appointment as soon as possible. For students, we have appointments available at the Carolina Student Vaccination Clinic. Faculty and staff, you can sign up at myspot.nc.gov or yourshot.org.

We will announce in the coming weeks more plans for the fall semester. From the success of this semester, we are planning for the fall based on the guidance of our experts. We will continue our layered approach to preventing the spread of COVID-19, and I remain optimistic that we will have a safe, on-campus experience for our students, faculty and staff this fall, with the start of classes on Aug. 18.

Sincerely,

Kevin M. Guskiewicz
Chancellor