Triangle CERSI will work with FDA scientists to perform cutting edge scientific research to better inform and support the FDA’s needs.
Research at UNC-Chapel Hill, a billion-dollar venture, has quadrupled over the past 15 years, firmly establishing Carolina as one of America’s top-ranked research universities.
- 10thamong research universities for federal funding devoted to research and development in all fields
- 13thlargest U.S. research university in research volume
- 900+UNC-Chapel Hill research projects directly addressed the health, education, or well-being of North Carolina citizens in 2021
- $1.16 billion+reached in annual research expenditures at Carolina
- 3,000+undergraduates produce original research in approximately 140 courses
Rose Houck ’25 uses her knowledge from her Carolina courses to research water quality and flood resiliency issues in our state with the North Carolina Collaboratory.
Supported by the N.C. Collaboratory, epidemiologist Nabarun Dasgupta and his team analyze street drugs and alert communities about dangers.
A research team led by Dr. Gaorav Gupta discovered the inner workings of an immune response pathway.
A Lineberger team received a $1.2 million grant to develop efficient, low-cost methods to improve early detection.
Clarivate’s 2023 international list of trailblazers among peers than in 2022 includes more Carolina faculty than in 2022.