Triangle CERSI will work with FDA scientists to perform cutting edge scientific research to better inform and support the FDA’s needs.
Research at UNC-Chapel Hill, a billion-dollar venture, has quadrupled over the past 15 years, firmly establishing Carolina as one of America’s top-ranked research universities.
- 10thamong research universities for federal funding devoted to research and development in all fields
- 13thlargest U.S. research university in research volume
- 900+UNC-Chapel Hill research projects directly addressed the health, education, or well-being of North Carolina citizens in 2021
- $1.16 billion+reached in annual research expenditures at Carolina
- 3,000+undergraduates produce original research in approximately 140 courses
Rose Houck ’25 uses her knowledge from her Carolina courses to research water quality and flood resiliency issues in our state with the North Carolina Collaboratory.
Supported by the N.C. Collaboratory, epidemiologist Nabarun Dasgupta and his team analyze street drugs and alert communities about dangers.
With a $3.2 million NCI grant, Barbara Fredrickson and Allison Lazard will support young cancer patients with messages that inspire action.
Results from the Carolina-led study suggest infants exposed to wildfire smoke during the first trimester or the first six months of life may be at greater risk of upper respiratory illness in early childhood.