The Institute for the Arts and Humanities is pleased to announce the 2023-24 cohort of Academic Leadership Fellows. The eight fellows hail from several departments in the College of Arts and Sciences and four of the University’s professional schools.
The institute helps prepare and support current and emerging academic leaders through the Tyson Academic Leadership Program. Fellows engage in a series of activities to help them develop leadership capacities, clarify their career commitments, build a leadership network within the campus community, and extend their contacts to other leaders beyond the University.
The cohort will meet weekly in spring 2024 in seminars led by Program Director Viji Sathy and Senior Leadership Adviser Rob Kramer.
2023-24 Academic Leadership Fellows
- Jay Aikat, vice dean, School of Data Science and Society; research professor, College of Arts and Sciences’ computer science department.
- Mara Buchbinder, professor, UNC School of Medicine’s social medicine department.
- Michael Figueroa, associate professor, College of Arts and Sciences’ music department.
- Tanya Garcia, associate professor, Gillings School of Global Public Health’s biostatistics department.
- Robin Sansing, clinical associate professor, School of Social Work.
- Patricia Sullivan, associate professor, College of Arts and Sciences’ public policy department.
- J. Michael Terry, associate professor, College of Arts and Sciences’ linguistics department.
- Benjamin Waterhouse, associate professor, College of Arts and Sciences’ history department.