Following the UNC System directive to significantly reduce campus operations and services, many of Carolina’s buildings are closed and in-person, non-essential services have been suspended.
- The first day of classes for the fall semester will be on Aug. 10, and final exams will be completed by Nov. 24. Students will not return to campus after the Thanksgiving holiday. Plans for New Student Convocation (Aug. 9) and Winter Commencement will be announced at a later date. The University will observe Labor Day (Sep. 7) and University Day (Oct. 12), but will eliminate fall break (Oct. 15-16) this year. More information is available in a recent campus message.
- All Summer School courses (Maymester, Summer Session 1 and Summer Session 2) will be delivered only through remote instruction.
- Residence halls are closed to the majority of students through the summer.
- Campus Health remains open for limited services. Call 919-966-2281 before going to the office in person.
- Only mandatory employees who need to report to work on campus should do so. All non-mandatory employees, including temporary employees and student workers, will continue to be assigned work and will be expected to work remotely to the fullest extent possible.
- Spring Commencement and doctoral hooding have been postponed. Members of the Class of 2020 will be surveyed about alternative dates and other options.
Carolina will continue to monitor updates from the CDC, the state health department and the University of North Carolina System and will use their guidance and recommendations on our campus. This webpage will continue to be updated as new information is announced.