Following the UNC System directive to significantly reduce campus operations and services, many of Carolina’s buildings are closed and in-person, non-essential services have been suspended.
- All Summer School courses (Maymester, Summer Session 1 and Summer Session 2) will be delivered only through remote instruction.
- Remote instruction for the majority of courses has begun. Instructors will provide further information regarding coursework and assignments.
- Residence halls are closed to the majority of students for the rest of the academic year.
- Campus Health remains open for limited services. Call 919-966-2281 before going to the office in person.
- Only mandatory employees who need to report to work on campus should do so. All non-mandatory employees, including temporary employees and student workers, will continue to be assigned work and will be expected to work remotely to the fullest extent possible.
- Spring Commencement and doctoral hooding have been postponed. Members of the Class of 2020 will be surveyed about alternative dates and other options.
Carolina will continue to monitor updates from the CDC, the state health department and The University of North Carolina System and will use their guidance and recommendations on our campus. This webpage will continue to be updated as new information is announced.