Sense of Place Tour
Welcome to Carolina! The UNC Visitors Center offers its in-person Sense of Place tour that introduces campus history, traditions and the student experience as well as some of the University’s current endeavors in research and innovation. We believe Carolina is a very special place, and we look forward to sharing it with you.
- Our popular 90-minute tour begins at the UNC Visitors Center, 134 E. Franklin Street and ends at Kenan Stadium.
- We also offer a quick tour, a shortened version of our Sense of Place tour, that lasts approximately 30 minutes. Schedule your quick tour online or request on-site as staffing allows.
- Note that these are not an admissions tour and do not cover the application process or financial aid and does not enter a dorm. We do visit a dorm quad and discuss housing at Carolina. You can also view dorm rooms online.If you are interested in an admissions tour, see the Office of Undergraduate Admissions tour schedule.
- School groups interested in visiting Carolina, contact us at email@example.com information on how to receive tour materials.
- Una versión en Español de nuestro tour por el Sense of Place se ofrece los lunes a las 11:30 a.m., los martes al mediodía, los jueves a las 2:00p.m. y los viernes a la 1:30 p.m., comuníquese con nosotros al firstname.lastname@example.org menos siete días antes de su visita para confirmar la disponibilidad. Los tours en español no están garantizados sin previa solicitud y confirmación.
- Guests needing accessibility assistance navigating our tour must contact us at email@example.com at least 72 hours prior to tour time.
- Guests who need an American Sign Language (ASL) tour, the Visitors Center provides an ASL interpreter for our Sense of Place and graduate tours on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven days in advance of your visit to request services. ASL tour services are not guaranteed without prior request and confirmation.
Enjoy a self-guided tour of Carolina! Our interactive Visitors Guide is helpful as you explore our campus. We also offer a vehicle tour; pick up your copy at the Visitors Center or use our online version in the self-guided tour.
School Group Tour Options
Self-Guided Campus Tour
School groups are welcome to visit Carolina utilizing our self-guided tour materials. Contact the UNC Visitors Center for additional information.
The UNC Visitors Center has a NEW school group video tour available to sixth- to eighth-grade classrooms as supplemental material to encourage students to learn about Carolina and the role a university serves within a community. Led by current Carolina students, this video tour also serves as a fun, educational resource. From Carolina traditions to our rich history and current endeavors, students will be entertained and challenged with a bingo game that tests their Carolina knowledge after watching the video tour. We also provide prompts to encourage students to reflect and share what they have learned. If you are interested in this new video tour program, contact us at email@example.com for more information on how to receive the materials.