- How do I contact the UNC Visitors Center?
- What services does the Visitors Center provide?
- Is the Visitors Center part of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions?
- Where is the Visitors Center located?
- When is the Visitors Center open?
- What is there to see and do while visiting campus?
- Do you accept walk-ins on tours?
Contact the UNC Visitors Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 919-962-1630.
What services does the Visitors Center provide?
The UNC Visitors Center serves as the front door to Carolina. We conduct tours of the University, provide guests with directions and share all the wonderful stories that make Carolina such an amazing place. Whether you’re setting foot on campus for the first or 500th time, the UNC Visitors Center has something for you.
Is the Visitors Center part of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions?
No. The UNC Visitors Center is not part of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. For prospective undergraduate admissions tours, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions or call 919-966-3621.
The UNC Visitors Center is located at 134 E. Franklin Street.
When is the Visitors Center open?
The UNC Visitors Center is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and no in-person tours are available.
Carolina offers many different attractions to experience during your visit. The UNC Visitors Center also maintains a list of campus attractions.
Does the Visitors Center accept walk-ins on tours?
- What is the Sense of Place tour?
- When are tours offered?
- Where do tours depart? Where do tours end?
- How do I register for a tour?
- What is the policy for inclement weather?
- How do I cancel my tour?
- How much do tours cost?
- What is the Graduate Student tour?
- Does the UNC Visitors Center offer tours for school groups?
- What are the Priceless Gem tours?
The UNC Visitors Center’s Sense of Place walking tour introduces guests to Carolina’s history, traditions and hallmarks, as well as some of the University’s current and future endeavors. This is not an admissions tourand details about student housing, financial aid, applying to Carolina and other information for prospective students is not shared on this tour.
When are tours offered?
Our Sense of Place tour is offered weekdays.
Tours begin at 134 E. Franklin Street and end at Kenan Stadium.
The UNC Visitors Center reserves the right to cancel tours due to inclement weather. This includes, but is not limited to, rain, thunderstorms, extreme heat and extreme cold.
To cancel a tour, call us at 919-962-1630.
All tours offered by the UNC Visitors Center are free of charge.
The Graduate Student tour provides prospective, admitted and accepted graduate students with information on Carolina’s history, traditions and hallmarks while also highlighting available resources for Carolina graduate students.
No school group tours are offered at this time.
What are the Priceless Gem tours?
The UNC Visitors Center promotes a special series of campus tours — the Priceless Gems — about specific aspects of Carolina’s history. These scholar-led tours are free, open to the public and last about 90 minutes. The Priceless Gem tours provide extraordinary opportunities to explore specific topics in depth with an expert in the field.
Parking and transportation
- Where can I park on campus?
- Where can I park off campus?
- How does parking work for campus events (athletics, concerts, plays, graduation, etc.)?
- Is there parking at the Visitors Center?
- Does the UNC Visitors Center validate parking?
- Where is the closest parking to the UNC Visitors Center?
- What are the parking options for weeknight parking?
Where can I park on campus?
Visitors to campus may park in the following areas on campus:
- Ram’s Head Parking Deck, 104 Ridge Road
- Morehead Planetarium Lot, 250 E. Franklin Street
- Raleigh Road Lot, located on Raleigh Road, one block east of Country Club Road
- Marked street parking along South and Country Club roads
All parking costs $1.75 per hour.
Visitors may find parking off campus through parkonthehill.com. This website provides parking options available in the town of Chapel Hill.
For information on parking for events, visit https://move.unc.edu/events/.
No, there is no public parking at the UNC Visitors Center.
No, the UNC Visitors Center does not validate parking.
Where is the closest parking to the UNC Visitors Center?
The closest public parking options to the Visitors Center are as follows:
- Available street parking on Franklin Street at the rate of $1.50 per hour.
- The Wallace Parking Deck, located at 150 East Rosemary Street, for $1 per hour.
- The Rosemary/Columbia lot, located at 100 East Rosemary Street, for $1.50 per hour.
What are the parking options for weeknight parking?
- Download the ParkMobile App. If you park in a campus lot Monday through Thursday after 5 p.m., enter 4500 and pay $1 for the entire evening.
- Metered hourly parking is available in the Dogwood Deck for $1.50 per hour
- Metered parking is available throughout campus for $1.75 per hour
- One-night temporary passes cost $1 and are available in designated lots across campus
- For more information, visit Parking and Transportation for University visitors