- 1,200+C-STEP students served since 2006
- 47%of C-STEP students qualify for the Carolina Covenant
- 115+students affiliated with the military
- 262C-STEP students currently at Carolina
- 14community college partners throughout North Carolina
- 3.0average GPA of C-STEP students upon graduation from Carolina
C-STEP provided an amazing pathway in a direction I wouldn’t have taken without an intermediate step. The security of knowing I was guaranteed to move forward with hard work, and the added guidance for navigating the transfer from military to college life, was an incredible benefit.
Jordan Truglio, a Carolina junior, C-STEP student and Marine Corps veteran
I have seen students pull themselves out of poverty. I have seen students go back to the community in which they grew up and influence real change among young people. I have seen them freely give their own time to help others realize a Carolina dream, and I have seen entire families change because one student had the courage to apply.
Rebecca Egbert, the C-STEP program director and associate director of undergraduate admissions
Carolina is my home. This program has made my experience a lot better. It’s helped me to not be nervous to go out and do different things that I wouldn’t have done. C-STEP has given me a lot of opportunities that I enjoy being a part of.
Skylar Mclean, a Carolina senior and a C-STEP student